Hair loss has been a typical and ordinary concern of all motorcyclists for a long time. Although, bike riding is still a trend and sensation among the youths everywhere, motorbike riding does invite perils with it. One of the most obvious of them being hair loss experienced at an alarming rate at an early age. The effects are so proliferating, such that it taking a toll on the face value of the person even before they are concerned.
- Pattern Of The Hair Loss And Remedies:
- Pattern: An incessant and uninterrupted use of helmets may result in receding hairline near the forehead, from the very roots of it. The roots get brittle and ultimately lose their anchoring capability which causes a declivity of the roots and henceforth hair starts falling and retreating back at the scalp. This leads to a common medical state, coined as ‘traction alopecia’.
- Causes: Bacterial growth within the helmet owing to poor maintenance can lead to scalp infection thus leading to severe hair loss. Sweat, dust, food, water or even wrong material used for padding may cause irritability that culminates in loss of hair if kept unnoticed.
- Remedy: One of the easiest and effective ways is ‘Jigging’, i.e. repeated putting and taking off the helmet in order to make sure it sits on the head normally, without pulling too much hair along it upwards.
- Spraying anti-bacterial or anti-fungal stuffs can also prevent the irritation and infection.
- Also eating healthy and maintaining a healthy scalp and regular scalp massages that improve circulation can help prevent the contamination and even revert the alopecia encountered.
- Maintaining the health of the helmet is also an important issue. Regular cleaning and keeping it in a sterile environment enhances the longevity of the helmet as well.
- Helmets should be taken-off patiently whenever you get a break from riding to allow proper movement of air inside.
- The soft portion inside the helmet should be properly cleaned with microfiber clothing to free the impurities present.
- Also you can apply a light cotton fabric around your head wrapping up the hair, before putting on the helmet to prevent contact and lessen friction.
On Choosing The Best Helmets
Now, on knowing the causes and the remedial solutions for the hair loss often encountered, the question arises – does only proper preservation of the helmet and the scalp solve the hair loss issue? It’ll be more realistic to answer that a standard and an authentic product will only meet up a client’s expectations. The online helmet stores offer a wide range of such original products that guarantee their value and worth.
Steelbird helmets online is the choice of many people in the case of online shopping. You get to choose from a variety of choices, each excelling in their class and rank.
A helmet is an inherent possession of a biker. It should be chosen with proper care and concern.