The capital city of Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal is an amazing tour destination in all seasons. The rich cultural heritage, the abundant greenery, the picturesque lakes of this city are something which will make you fall for this city the moment you witness them.
For your trip to Bhopal, first make sure how you want to go. You can either fly to the city or go by the train, the choice is yours. If you’re availing the train, you should look for resorts in Bhopal for your own convenience. One you are done with these official hazards, here are some things of Bhopal you must not miss!
- Bhimbetka: The rock paintings of Bhimbetka have been considered as the World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. This place is 45km away from the city of Bhopal. If you want to have a time travel while witnessing these paintings, make sure you don’t miss the rock paintings of Bhimbetka. These paintings date back to 15000 years ago and represent the shift of lifestyle of the contemporary people from Palaeolithic Age to Medieval Age. Do visit this place.
- Upper Lake: The famous Upper Lake is the biggest lake of this State. This lake was built by Raja Bhoj, in the 11th This lake is considered as the lifeline of the whole city of Bhopal and even if you forget, you will get to see the famous Upper Lake in Bhopal. The breath-taking view that this lake offers is something which is mesmerizing and hypnotizing in many ways.
- Lower Lake: The famous Lower Lake is located just beside Upper Lake and both these lakes are joined by an over bridge. This lake has all kinds of water sports activities which you can go for if you want. Check out the ravishing beauty of this lake, the local people call it ChotaTalaab.
- Birla Mandir: Right in the heart of Bhopal is located this famous Birla Mandir which houses the Goddess Laxmi and her divine consort, Vishnu. The architectural delight of this temple is charmingly beautiful. Do visit this place.
- Van Vihar National Park: The mind-blowing Van Vihar National Park is another place you ought to be. This park is home to more than 200 types of birds and some rare animals. You can actually come in close contact with wild life here. Do visit this pace which is considered as a photographer’s delight.
- Birla Museum: The famous Birla Museum has a wonderful collection of old manuscripts, pamphlets, and other archival materials of the ancient time. Do check out the excavated objects that are being displayed here.
- Bhojpur Temple: Considered as the Somnath of the East, the famous Bhojpur Temple houses the world’s tallest Shiva Lingam which is carved out from a single stone. Do visit this amazingly beautiful ancient temple.
Check out the 4 star hotels in Bhopal for your stay at this beautiful city. Have a grand and memorable trip in this mesmerizing, royal city and don’t miss these places at any cost!