Read full top news stories to stay updated. Stay connected with the on-going events in the country as well as in International. Here are some trending stories of the month September.
- Government took a step to fight terrorism. A 25000 crore mega internal security scheme has been approved to strengthen the laws, mechanism and modernize police forces to fight against terrorism more effectively as well as efficiently. The Prime Minister, Mr.NarendraModi himself declared this scheme named Umbrella Scheme- Modernization of Police Forces (MPF). This is one of the biggest financial schemes. In this particular scheme, the share will be shared about 3/4th by the central govt. and remaining 1/4th by state govt. Under this scheme, the focus has been given on Jammu and Kashmir and about 10,132 crores have been only approved for this state.
- P.V.Sindhu, the top seed Indian shuttler has been recommended for the nation’s third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan by the Indian Ministry of Sports. Sindhu stunned every citizen by entering in the final of the World Super Series. After Rio Olympic, her performance has constantly enhanced. Despite she lost to Marin and Okuhara in the both finals but she won the millions of heart. Read news in short to stay updated. After becoming first Indian to win the Korea Open, P.V.Sindhu got nominated by the Olympic silver MedalistRajyaVardhan Singh Rathore who has recently replaced the Vijay Goel as new sports minister.
- The great film personality Tom Alter died on 29th September. He was fighting against skin cancer from a long time. He was an actor, writer, director, and has been awarded by Padma Shri. He had been serving the film industry since ’74, continuously. Last year, he declared that he had shot a powerful web series in Goa. Tom Alter won a gold medal in acting from Pune’s Film and Television Institute. After debuting in movie Charas, he played so many different roles which showed his versatility in acting.
- Finally, the wait is over. The brand new Apple iPhone got launched in India. Earlier in the Sept, it was launched in various countries excluding India. Apple launched two new phones named iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. The phones will be available in two variants offering 64GB and 256GB internal space with three colour options such as Gold, Silver, and Space Grey. The price is little high compared to previous iPhones. You can buy the iPhone 8 64GB by spending 64,000 whereas 256 GB can be bought in 77,000. For iPhone 8 Plus, the price tag has been kept as Rs73,000 for 64GB and 86,000 for 256GB variant. The booking started a week ago across online and offline stores including the Reliance store after a partnership of Reliance and Apple.
- Again a hike in the price of Delhi Metro will affect a lot of people. The change will take place from this October. However, the hike won’t be too steep if compared to the previous one as the maximum increase would be Rs.10. the DMRC announced the hike in fares. It also announced that the fare will be same for the first 2 km that is Rs10. For rest of distance zones, the price will be increased. DMRC told that there was an ordinary decrease in the ridership from the previous hike.